10 Things we love about Kerry Washington
Get to know Kerry Washington before getting hooked on The Fixer, starts Monday 17 April at 8:30PM.
Kerry Washington plays the ruthless lead, Olivia Pope, on our much anticipated new drama, The Fixer.
We figured you might need more information about her before utterly falling in love. So here are 10 things we love about the celebrated Hollywood actress.
1. Born on 31 January 1977, Kerry is from The Bronx in New York City and was named after Ireland's country Kerry.
2. She’s the only child of a real-estate agent father and a mother who is an educator.
3. Kerry graduated from the private girls’ Spence School in New York City in 1994 where she acted in plays.
4. Although she was accepted into Yale University and Dartmouth College, she declined both. And studied acting at Michael Howard Studios in New York City.
5. The actress and producer has appeared in films such as Django Unchained, Save the Last Dance, Fantastic Four and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
6. In 2013 she won a BET Award for Best Actress in Scandal and Django Unchained.
7. She married Nnamdi Asomugha, a former All-Pro NFL defensive back, in 2013 and they have two children, Isabelle and Caleb, together.
8. In April 2014, Kerry was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
9. Every year on her birthday, she gives her parents a gift instead.
10. If she wasn’t an actress she would have loved to be a clinical psychologist.
Watch this promo:
And catch Kerry Washington on The Fixer Mondays at 8:30PM. Premieres on 17 April.